Implant-Retained Dentures – Medford, OR
Enjoy the Security of Implant-Retained Dentures
Despite several advancements in dentistry to preserve your teeth, tooth loss remains a prevalent problem. In fact, it is estimated at least 35 million Americans do not have any teeth left. To restore your ability to chew and speak, you have likely tried traditional dentures. Although you had high hopes, they never truly felt natural. You are not out of options. You can choose the next best thing to your natural teeth with implant-retained dentures in Medford.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Implant-retained dentures resolve the disadvantages of traditional dental prosthetics. Suction or an adhesive is not used to hold the arch in place. Instead, an average of 4 implant posts anchors it to your jawbone. This provides you with unmatched stability when compared to conventional dentures. The implant posts also allow you to enjoy many benefits that are not possible with other treatments, including:
- High Success Rate: Dental implants offer over a 95% 10-year success rate.
- Long-Term Investment: Your implant posts never need to be replaced with the right aftercare.
- Look and Feel Natural: You can restore as much as 70% of your biting force with a solution that closely mimics the appearance and function of your natural teeth.
- Preserves Bone Density: The implant posts stimulate your jaw to encourage new bone growth. This preserves your bone density to protect your facial structures.
- Added Confidence: You can feel confident throughout the day knowing your denture stays in place when chewing, speaking, and smiling.
How Does It Work?
An average of 4 dental implant posts are surgically placed into your jawbone to act as new tooth roots. Your jawbone fuses to them to create a secure foundation for your new smile. Depending on your treatment plan, there are a couple of different abutment options to connect your denture to your posts:
Ball Implant Stabilization
A metal ball and socket system attach individual abutments to each post to secure your denture.
Bar Implant Stabilization
A thin metal bar follows the curve of your jaw by attaching it to the posts. It features clips to allow your denture to be fitted over it to hold it in place.
Understanding the Cost of Implant-Retained Dentures
Implant-retained dentures do cost more upfront than traditional treatments; however, they are more cost-effective long-term. There is no set price tag for the procedure because the amount is based on your individual treatment plan, such as if you need tooth extractions or bone grafting. Your treatment will have two separate costs: the placement of the posts and the restoration phase.
During your initial consultation, we provide you with an estimate and discuss your payment options to keep your new smile affordable.
Caring for Your Implant-Retained Denture
To ensure your new smile last for several decades, it is best to care for your dentures properly:
- Clean around the implant posts and abutments twice a day.
- Do not let your dentures dry out.
- Soak them in a special solution every night.
- Brush your denture daily.
- Clean your gums, tongue, and palate daily.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
Complete Your Smile Today!
If you are ready to invest in your quality of life, it is time to see if implant-retained dentures are right for you. Contact Premier Dental Care today to schedule your consultation.