Beautiful Teeth Whitening in Medford
If you have noticed your pearly whites looking a little less than pearly and white lately, it may be time for a refresher. Professional teeth whitening is a wonderful way to improve the appearance of your smile to make you look more youthful and vibrant overall. At Premier Dental Care, we are pleased to offer our patients two excellent options in teeth whitening: in-office and at-home treatments. Keep reading to learn more about each, and which one may be right for your smile!
Why You May Want Teeth Whitening
There are a number of reasons why you may wish to undergo professional teeth whitening as an adult. One of the most common causes of dental staining and discoloration is what you eat and drink. Repeated exposure to highly pigmented foods and beverages, like black coffee, tea, soda, and even ripe berries and rare steak will have an effect on the shade of your tooth enamel over time. People who smoke or use tobacco also experience moderate to severe staining and discoloration. Younger people may want to have their teeth whitened after they have their braces removed.
Your Options in Teeth Whitening
No matter your motivation for wanting to have your teeth whitened, you have a couple of options for how to go about it. We offer in-office and at-home options depending on your timeline, budget, and personal preference.
- In-office whitening with Opalescence, which can dramatically whiten your smile in just one convenient visit to our office. This is a good option for patients who wish to reveal their results immediately.
- At-home whitening, which is completed over the course of about two weeks from the comfort and privacy of your own home. This treatment option works well for patients who are prone to tooth sensitivity and/or those who wish to reveal their results at a more gradual pace.
Maintaining Your Results
Once your in-office or at-home whitening treatment is complete, we know you will love the results. The next thing to consider is how to make sure they last and last! By keeping a few tips in mind, you can help to prevent future stains from forming to keep your teeth the same dazzling shade of white for years to come.
After professional teeth whitening, remember to…
- Reduce your intake of the things that caused your teeth to stain in the first place, like coffee, tea, soda, etc.
- Drink dark beverages through a straw.
- Maintain excellent dental hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly.
- Rinse your mouth out after consuming highly pigmented foods and beverages.
- Visit your dentist in Medford every six months for a routine checkup and cleaning.
Let’s Get Started Today!
If you would like to learn more about your options with teeth whitening, you are invited to contact your cosmetic dentist in Medford at Premier Dental Care today. We can’t wait to help you love the way your smile looks with teeth that really dazzle!